Internships & Volunteering
Internship positions are available to students with initiative specializing in photography and related media, business/museum studies, library science, marketing and promotion/social networking.
All college-level students will be considered if a faculty recommendation is included with the application materials. Candidates who are accepted into the internship program will work under the supervision of CPAC’s director and associated personnel. Interns may earn credits toward classes offered at CPAC. Upon satisfactory completion of the internship, participants will receive letters of recommendation on request.
Internships are part-time positions with no compensation paid by CPAC. They require a minimum 6 hours per week commitment. CPAC’s posted hours are Tue – Fri, 12 – 5 pm, Sat 12-4 pm, but interns are encouraged to work outside of those hours when needed.
Applicants must submit the following materials:
o A cover letter explaining why you would like to participate in the Internship Program at CPAC and how it fits into your long-term career goals.
o Written references (one personal/professional and one academic)
To apply, please complete the application form here and email it with materials above to Becca Holt, Administrative Assistant, at email@example.com
Please note that this is a competitive program and applying for a position DOES NOT guarantee you an internship.
CPAC welcomes volunteers who are interested in becoming involved with the organization. According to qualifications, tasks might include any or all of the following:
- Staffing the reception desk
- Helping with installations
- Providing information and interacting with visitors
- Supporting routine office tasks
- Assisting with pr and marketing
- Maintaining facilities
- Working with the Fine Print Collection
- Preparation and design of marketing materials
- Staffing receptions and special events
- Interacting with artists
- Taking initiative (required)
Previous experience working in galleries and educational programs is a plus, but at a minimum volunteers should have
- Broad knowledge of photography
- Familiarity with social networking programs
- Basic computer literacy – Word, Excel, WordPress, Constant Contact, FaceBook
- Good communications skills
- Presentable appearance
- A desire to contribute to CPAC and the visibility of contemporary photography in the Denver region.
CPAC is open from Tue – Fri, 12 – 5 pm, Sat 12-4 pm, plus special events and weekend workshops.
Volunteers work a minimum of one four-hour shift weekly but are encouraged to work additional hours as needed.
Accrued hours are eligible for free classes offered through the organization’s educational program of classes and workshops.
To apply, please complete the application form here and email it with a letter of interest to Becca Holt, Administrative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org
CPAC recognizes the following individuals for their years of dedicated service! Thank you!
Barbara Pettibone – since Spring 2008
Nancy E. Myer – since Fall 2008