01 Dec Portfolio Reviews Feb. 24 – guest reviewer Andrew Beckham
Tuesday, February 24
Location: CPAC Gallery, 1513 Boulder St. Denver
Level: Intermediate to Advanced
***This event has been cancelled. Please call 303-837-1341 for more information***
Guest Reviewer: Andrew Beckham
Cost: Free for members, $10 non-members
Requirements and advise:
- The review will take place in the CPAC Gallery at 1513 Boulder Street, Denver. Please arrive 15 minutes early to your scheduled review and bring with you 10-20 images.
- Prints representing one or two ongoing series’ or bodies of work are preferred. Try not to bring in a mix of prints of different styles, sizes, series, etc. If you have exhibition quality prints, please bring those.
- We will allot 20 minutes per person and the review is limited to 6 participants.
- The event is open to anyone wishing to observe. You must RSVP. Whether you are showing work or just sitting in, plan to stay for the entire event.
- Portfolio reviews take place each month on the last Tuesday, or the Tuesday previous to a holiday (*unless otherwise noted). Check out calendar for the next available portfolio review.
- No ducks!
ANDREW BECKHAM holds an MA in Aesthetic Theory from Prescott College and a BFA in printmaking and photography from the Pacific Northwest College of Art. A Fulbright Fellow in Jerusalem at the turn of the millennium, Andrew’s work is represented in museum collections nationally, including the MacArthur Foundation, Portland Art Museum, Taylor Art Museum at the CSFAC, and the Joslyn Museum of Art, among others. Mr. Beckham’s first book, The Lost Christmas Gift (Princeton Architectural Press) was released to wide critical acclaim, and is now in its second printing. His newest book, Firmament (GFT Publishing) was awarded the 2014 Pictorial Book of the Year from the Colorado Humanities Center for the Book/Colorado Book Awards. Andrew is the Visual Arts Department Chair at St. Mary’s Academy in Englewood Colorado. His photography is represented in Denver by Goodwin Fine Art.
RUPERT JENKINS is the Director of CPAC and has worked as a professional in the photography field since 1982. He moved to Denver from the Bay Areas in 2005 and has organized numerous photography exhibitions and events for CPAC, most recently shows by David Taylor (Tucson, February 2014), Sharon Harper (Boston) and Vivian Keulards (Holland) in January 2013; Michael Furman (Denver), Tsutomu Yamagata (Japan), and Hector Mediavilla (Spain) in September 2013. He also curated “Hal Gould: A Retrospective” for Redline, Denver (2008); “The Family Stage” for the Victoria H. Myhren Gallery at DU (March 2009); “Double Diptych” (March 2011 for Vertigo Art Space, Denver); and “Photo Book Arts” for Abedecarian Gallery, Denver (March 2013). He has reviewed portfolios for Photo Alliance in San Francisco, the Society for Photographic Education, and CENTER Santa Fe, and was a meeting place reviewer at Houston Fotofest in March 2014. Several interviews with Rupert can be found on the Untitled Art Show podcast website.
MARIANA VIEIRA joined CPAC in August 2014. She is a mixed-media artist living in Boulder, CO. She earned her MFA from the University of Colorado at Boulder and worked as Studio Coordinator of Photography and New Media at Anderson Ranch Arts Center. Her work has been included in numerous exhibitions nationally and internationally. Mariana teaches workshops in photography and mixed media, and is an instructor at the University of Colorado at Denver. Originally from Brazil, Mariana spent part of her life living in Central America before moving to the United States. She loves shooting medium format film cameras. email: email@example.com
Register as a Non Member [wp_cart:Portfolio Review – Non Member February:price:10.00:end]