20 Nov Portfolio Reviews Dec. 2 – guest reviewer Mark Sink
Date: Tuesday December 2
Time: 6-8.30 pm
Location: CPAC Gallery
Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Guest Reviewer: Mark Sink, curator, photographer, founder of Denver Month of Photography
Cost: Free for members, $10 non-members
Register as a Non Member [wp_cart:Portfolio Review – Non Member December:price:10.00:end]
Members – call 303-837-1341 to reserve your place.
Requirements and advise:
- The review will take place in the CPAC Gallery at 1513 Boulder Street, Denver. Please arrive 15 minutes early to your scheduled review and bring with you 10-20 images.
- Prints representing one or two ongoing series’ or bodies of work are preferred. Try not to bring in a mix of prints of different styles, sizes, series, etc. If you have exhibition quality prints, please bring those.
- We will allot 20 minutes per person and the review is limited to 6 participants.
- The event is open to anyone wishing to observe. You must RSVP. Whether you are showing work or just sitting in, plan to stay for the entire event.
- Portfolio reviews take place each month on the last Tuesday, or the Tuesday previous to a holiday (*unless otherwise noted). Check out calendar for the next available portfolio review.
- No ducks!
Mark Sink: photographer, curator and teacher, has been and making a living from fine art photography since 1978. He is well known for his imagery made with the toy plastic camera the Diana. Currently, also a reverse technology, he is producing collodion wet plate photographs. His personal work is in numerous museum collections as well as gallery solo and group shows in the US, South America and Europe. He is currently represented by G. Ray Hawkins in CA. Robin Rice in NY, Paul Cava in Philadelphia, Rule Gallery in Denver. As a photographer of fine art he worked with and documented noted artists lives and their work such as Andy Warhol and Jean Michel Basquiat and Rene Ricard. For more information, go to Mark’s website.
“CPAC’s monthly portfolio reviews are an excellent opportunity to get your work in front of Denver’s best photographers in an open, informal setting that will bring you into a deeper relationship with not only with your own work, but with the work and process of the other participating artists as well. Non-photographers are welcome to watch and learn alongside the portfolio review participants.” Ken Hamel, Denverarts.org, March 2012
RUPERT JENKINS is the Director of CPAC and has worked as a professional in the photography field since 1982. He moved to Denver from the Bay Areas in 2005 and has organized numerous photography exhibitions and events for CPAC, most recently shows by David Taylor (Tucson, February 2014), Sharon Harper (Boston) and Vivian Keulards (Holland) in January 2013; Michael Furman (Denver), Tsutomu Yamagata (Japan), and Hector Mediavilla (Spain) in September 2013. He also curated “Hal Gould: A Retrospective” for Redline, Denver (2008); “The Family Stage” for the Victoria H. Myhren Gallery at DU (March 2009); “Double Diptych” (March 2011 for Vertigo Art Space, Denver); and “Photo Book Arts” for Abedecarian Gallery, Denver (March 2013).
He has reviewed portfolios for Photo Alliance in San Francisco, the Society for Photographic Education, and CENTER Santa Fe, and was a meeting place reviewer at Houston Fotofest in March 2014. Several interviews with Rupert can be found on the Untitled Art Show podcast website.